Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tiresome? Don't Have Time? WTH?

• Posted by junoBBC
Oct 22, 2008 9:04:35 AM
Saying thank you seems to many like an easy thing to do. Yet sometimes, as in the case of the huge amount of digital freebies offered, saying it repeatedly can be quite tiresome. However, it doesn't mean we aren't appreciative of what is offered. Being encouraged to say thank you should not be commanded nor drawn by guilt; it should come freely. Only then will it be appreciated for its full value. I am always thankful for the beautiful gifts offered, but do not always have the time to "say" than...


To: junoBBC
Let me tell you about tiresome. Work for ten hours on the computer at work, then go home and spend a few hours more on the computer to create digital scrapbooking stuff. I go to the extra expense and take the extra TIME involved to offer my creations as gifts. To be honest, I do not have the TIME to do this, and I don't HAVE to do this, but I FIND the time and DO share. I do not think that I am being unreasonable in expecting just a 2 second "TY" as an acknowledgement for my TIME & MONEY that I spend so you don't have to.
How do I know you are thankful and appreciative if you can't take the TIME to SAY something.
And another thing, don't tell me how to post on my blog. This is MY blog. You post your way on your own blog.
I am seriously considering taking my blog to subscription only to stop this kind of crap.
Do NOT jack with The Bubbles. If you don't like it around here, don't let the door hit you in your ass on the way out. Go take your precious TIME and make your own stuff.

12 comments:

eilajean said...

OK, so isn't it ironic that the person that sent you this has time to wait the 10 to 30 seconds it takes for 4shared to bring up the download prompt... maybe she does not realize that she can leave a comment at 4shared while it is counting down the seconds - it does not stop the countdown. I know this, because I have tested it. (curiousity is a good thing). I hate that people act this way. If you go subscription only, I promise to subscribe, as I am sure many would. I enjoy your blog, with or without the freebies. You got Sass girl, and that's a good thing! Try to have a good day! Do NOT let them get to you!

Vicki said...

You give 'em what for Vicki! How bloody stupid to take all that time to leave a big long comment, but a TY on 4shared while they wait for the counter takes too long!! Some people.... honestly!! You should have a blacklist like on email on your blog - perhaps we should all suggest it to blogger as a new feature for the future!

Sasa said...

SOME PEOPLE! You KNOW my thoughts on all of this . . .

The designers spend HOURS - why can't "we" spend a few seconds . . . oh, and if you are going to a lot of sites to download oodles of freebies and it takes too long to type "TY" or "Thank you!" - try using copy and paste!!!!!!

Deep breaths . . . calm . . . I am calm . . .

Love you oodles and oodles!

Ms Kittie said...

How long did it take her to type what she did and complain about saying thank you. What is her problem anyway. If you go to subscription I will subscribe, I am like eilajean and I enjoy your site with or without freebies. You rock girl. Hay us sassy girls have to stick together. Give then Hell girl.

Sue said...

When I first started downloading scrapbooking freebies, I had a computer-comment-phobia, afraid something "bad" would happen if I left a comment on 4shared or put my email address on a comment on someone's blog.

You convinced me to start leaving encouraging comments, at least on 4shared if not on a designer's blog. I decided that if I didn't have time to write comments, then I didn't have time to download.

So keep pushing for people to do what they should be doing anyway. You will probably convince more people to leave comments, just as you convinced me.

Jami said...

I just recently found your blog, and I must say it's nice to see someone just tell it as it is. You're right, it's your blog - do what's right for you. I love your stuff, and I'll be back for sure!

THANK YOU!!! :)
hugs, Jami

RaNoe said...

I can't imagine the time involved in designing digital elements. I am in awe of the work I see on your blog and others. I also cannot imagine that you just give away your beautiful work. I am so grateful for your generosity. A thank you is such a small thing in return.

Susie2shoes said...

What a Twerp, this kind of person absolutely leaves me speechless. I can only agree with what the other's have said in their comments.

But let me tell you something Vicki, having your blog to go visit brightens my day to the nth degree, you a wonderfully generous person and I'm chuffed know you.

Thanks my dear blogging buddy
Mwah x

Ashley Marie said...

I love this post. It's so true. Finally someone that isn't afraid to tell the truth. I am a bluntly honest person myself so I love your comments. People should say thank you. I too offer free things on my blog and get way too few comments so I feel your pain.

Lisa said...

Why do some say they don't have the time to leave a quick TY, but have plenty of time to type a post complaining about saying TY???????That is just crazy! Okay, don't get me started....! Thanks Vicki for taking the time and effort to share with us all!

Lori said...

Here ya go!


http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/LifeSentenceWithNoParole/redneckwave.gif

Carmen said...

A comment on eliajean's post. To anyone that has problems with a simple Thank You.
As I was sitting here reading through some of these comments, your exact words were shouting in my head.
How RIGHT you are. In the time it takes to give a simple TY you might still be waiting for 4share to finish. If you are simply in love with a product aren't a few words worth the freebie? If your in such a rush and cannot leave a simple TY, Then come back later when you have the time!