Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Manners???

To those that did take the time to post a comment, I thank YOU from the bottom of my heart. When someone takes the time to say thanks for something you gave them, it makes you want to create more. The simple fact that someone appreciates your contribution is an incentive to do more. I appreciate it more than you know. You can stop reading here. I know, I should have known. I download a lot myself, and I ALWAYS post some kind of comment and I am always amazed at the pitiful ratio of comments to downloads. But I still cannot believe the sheer quantity of people out there who were evidently raised without manners. Did your Momma not teach you anything? Fifty downloads of one page and seven thank yous? I mean, how much time does it take to just copy and paste a quick "TY"? That would be better than just grabbing and running. Lilly is just 18 months old, and SHE knows to say "Thank You" when someone GIVES her something. People spend a lot of time creating this stuff so you can preserve your memories, the least you can do is take two seconds during your download to acknowledge this. I suppose that I am getting a crash course in the digital scrapbooking world, and frankly, I am disgusted. The rampant piracy and lack of manners is pathetic. PinkuPixie had her private files hi-jacked from 4shared. Bunny Cates took a whole week off to deal with piracy issues. Kim Broedelet has had her files pirated, too. Do you rude people not realize that this behavior will bite you in the ass in the end? When all the freebies dry up and you have to purchase or do it yourself maybe then you will realize that a simple "Thanks" would have saved you a lot of money and time.
Rant over...
And BTW...for anyone that has a problem with this post, it's MY blog and I can say what I want.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Found your blog via Kim b and have to say you are so right about manners! I've also noticed that tons download but don't leave a simple thank you. It's disgusting really!! BTW love your LOs :)

Anonymous said...

Morning!!! I found your blog via Kim Broedelet's blog. I love the header however I will admit when I saw your introduction I fell down off my chair!!! ROFL!!! Glad you are using my blinkie! Now I'm off to snag your gorgeous QPs!!!! Thank you so much! Bonus day for me!

Dork dancing all over your blog....
:)

Kerri said...

I love your banner! It looks really really good!
As for your post about manners, I know exactly what you mean. Especially when downloading from 4shared, there is no excuse for not saying thankyou, cause you have to wait there anyway, so why not leave a little love - I always do!
I have two QP on my blog for the first time this week, and again the comments are few, but those few have made me grow 10cm, I'm sure. but to think that so many people must have liked my stuff, has made my day, and I am trying to ignore the fact that people of today are too busy to stop and say thanks!

Take care
Hugs
Kerri (who stopped over from kimb's blog to see your fish in action - and I love it!)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you can rant!! ;)
And boy do I agree with you!
I also came via KimB's blog.
Love what you did with that fish, the banner really looks great, as if she made the fish just for your blog.
btw, I loved the words 'rant over'. It made a big smile on my face.
Have a great day!

Susie2shoes said...

I am always surprised that the comment ratio is about 10% or less! I think people are lazy as well as rude. I bet they would comment if they knew their ip address could be tracked!

Your art is so very much appreciated, especially by me :-)
x